Quality Control Microbiologist
Location: Swords Campus
SK biotek Ireland, an SK pharmteco company, is a global Contract Development and Manufacturing organisation (CDMO) with state-of-the-art facilities in Korea, US, France and Ireland. We are part of the wider SK Inc. with revenues of $88 billion in 2022. Our mission is to ‘make what matters for a healthy, happier world’, from grams to tonnes. The Swords Campus has led the way in the development, scale-up and commercial manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), Highly Potent Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Chemical Intermediates for almost 60 years. With a talented workforce, exceptional technical capabilities, and facilities we have made some of the world’s most important medicines and continue to do so. Further information on SK pharmteco can be found at https://vimeo.com/skpharmteco.
The SK biotek Ireland Quality team here at the Swords Campus are looking for a Quality Control Microbiologist within the Quality team. The successful candidate is responsible for the completion of the Microbiological Analysis of products, analysis of water systems on site and microbial air monitoring assessment as scheduled.
- Perform the Microbiological Analysis of products.
- Perform analysis of water systems on site.
- Perform analysis of the microbial air monitoring assessment as scheduled.
- Assist with investigations relating to site water systems.
- Perform trending of results.
- Investigate any out of trends or adverse trends present in analytical results.
- Review and approve validation documentation involving microbiological techniques.
- Perform the assessment and technical transfer of microbiological methods for new product
- Ensure continuous improvement and operational excellence of the microbiology consumables,
equipment and LIMS.
- Have a degree in Microbiology or other science discipline and/or previous experience (2 + years)
working within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to work as part of a Lean Lab team-based structure.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in classical wet chemistry techniques including pH, conductivity and TOC in addition to
- Ability to engage and fully participate in daily huddle meetings and short interval control boards.
- Have creativity to identify improvement opportunities and the initiative to see them through
Why choose a career at SK biotek?
A career with purpose and a chance to work with a world-leader in contract development and manufacturing in a fast-paced, dynamic, and growing organisation. Here at SK biotek Ireland, we believe we enhance patients’ lives and we need you! It reminds each one of us that what we do matters, and our mission is to
make what matters for a healthy, happier world’ – whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By choosing a career with SK biotek Ireland, you’ll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives by making what matters for a healthy, happier world.
Other Benefits include:
- Excellent opportunities for career enhancement and personal development
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus linked to business results
- A well-established further education program.
- Pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
HOW TO APPLY?
Make a difference today! Suitable candidates should apply for this role by emailing your CV to
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org