AR&D Analytical Chemist
Location: Swords Campus,
SK biotek Ireland, an SK pharmteco company, is a global Contract Development and Manufacturing organisation (CDMO) with state-of-the-art facilities in Korea, US, France and Ireland. We are part of the wider SK Inc. with revenues of $88 billion in 2022. Our mission is to ‘make what matters for a healthy, happier world’, from grams to tonnes. The Swords Campus has led the way in the development, scale-up and commercial manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), Highly Potent Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Chemical Intermediates for almost 60 years. With a talented workforce, exceptional technical capabilities, and facilities we have made some of the world’s most important medicines and continue to do so. Further information on SK pharmteco can be found at https://vimeo.com/skpharmteco.
SK biotek Ireland are seeking to recruit an Analytical Chemist experienced in analytical method development on a permanent basis. This position is based at the R&D Centre in Swords, Co Dublin. The R&D Centre has co-located technical and operational expertise, including analytical expertise that supports the development and manufacture of clinical and commercial products (small molecule APIs).
The Analytical Chemist will be responsible for providing technical support for all aspects of analytical methodology, method development, transfer, qualification and troubleshooting pertaining to the manufacture of small molecule APIs and intermediates. The successful candidate will also provide support in the day-to-day running and maintenance of the AR&D laboratories, including equipment. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with other functions, including PR&D, Operations, Quality (QA/QC), SHE and external stakeholders/customers working towards the flawless, compliant and right first-time manufacture of existing and new products. In addition, the successful candidate will provide mentorship, where applicable, to more junior analytical staff.
Key responsibilities include:
• Carry out Analytical method development, specifically for HPLC and GC.
• Perform analytical testing in a timely manner for analytical method development, analytical testing, validation and qualification, where appropriate, to ensure project deadlines are achieved for: Campaign support, Material release, PR&D support (development of in-process control methods, familiarization experiments), Reference standard qualification, Analytical investigations.
• Prepare, review and execute analytical protocols.
• Prepare and review analytical reports.
• Ensure all documentation is completed to the required standard, right first-time, in compliance with local procedures and in a timely manner.
• Ensure all instrumentation used is within calibration and is correctly maintained.
• Liaise with AR&D Senior Analytical Chemists to obtain technical support with instrumentation/analytical methodology and laboratory investigations/quality events or related issues.
• Ensure training is completed before execution of a task.
• Attend weekly team meetings and participate in a culture, which is committed to high performance, innovation, and continuous improvement and promotes idea sharing.
• Meet with manager to discuss performance, provide feedback and identify any development opportunities.
• Ensure GMP Compliance of laboratory operations and documentation, including testing, write ups, review and approval of protocols, reports and change controls.
• Ensure a safe work environment for oneself and all employees.
• Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained in the laboratory.
Required Key Skills and Experience include:
• Ideally a BSC/MSc in analytical chemistry or equivalent. Preferably a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in analytical activities and analytical method development within a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrable expertise in developing analytical methods, particularly for HPLC and GC.
• Excellent core competencies such as teamwork, communication skills, technical writing skills.
• Strong technical background in chemistry, particularly analytical chemistry.
• Ability to work to tight timelines.
• Good Troubleshooting skills.
• Openness to change, receptive to new ideas.
• Knowledge of FDA and European GMPs requirements, particularly pertaining to laboratory operations.
Why choose a career at SK biotek?
A career with purpose and a chance to work with a world-leader in contract development and manufacturing in a fast-paced, dynamic, and growing organisation. Here at SK biotek Ireland, we believe we enhance patients’ lives and we need you! It reminds each one of us that what we do matters, and our mission is to ‘make what matters for a healthy, happier world’ – whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By choosing a career with SK biotek Ireland, you’ll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives by making what matters for a healthy, happier world.
Other Benefits include:
• Excellent opportunities for career enhancement and personal development
• Competitive base salary
• Annual bonus linked to business results
• A well-established further education program.
• Pension scheme
• Private Healthcare
HOW TO APPLY?
Make a difference today! Suitable candidates should apply for this role by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SK biotek is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com