Manufacturing Operations Team Lead
Location: Swords Campus
SK biotek Ireland, an SK pharmteco company, is a global Contract Development and Manufacturing organisation (CDMO) with state-of-the-art facilities in Korea, US, France and Ireland. We are part of the wider SK Inc. with revenues of $88 billion in 2022. Our mission is to ‘make what matters for a healthy, happier world’, from grams to tonnes. The Swords Campus has led the way in the development, scale-up and commercial manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), Highly Potent Active Pharmaceutical
Ingredients and Chemical Intermediates for almost 60 years. With a talented workforce, exceptional technical capabilities, and facilities we have made some of the world’s most important medicines and continue to do so. Further information on SK pharmteco can be found at https://vimeo.com/skpharmteco.
SK biotek Ireland here at the Swords Campus are looking for an Team Lead on a permanent basis within operations. This is shift role working on a four shift cycle supporting a 24/7/365 world-class manufacturing organisation.
Reporting to the Shift Manager, the successful candidate is responsible for ensuring the process area operates in safe and GMP compliant manner at all times and to performance manage a team of process chemists or chemical process operators. This is a permanent D5 non-unionised position.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
• Promote a safety culture and safe ways of working
• Lead and develop the team, to ensure safe and timely completion of all process activities according to cGMP’s.
• Coordinate the workload of your team in order to meet schedules and timelines.
• Lead Quality and Safety Investigations from your area, identify and implement CAPA’s as appropriate.
• Mentor and coach your team in order to drive performance and development.
• Set performance goals and objectives for your team, and conduct performance appraisals.
• Work with the Shift Manager and other Team leads (Shift Leadership Team) and track area progress on key issues.
• Drive Shift Metrics for your team/plant to ensure key plant performance indicators such as throughput, yield, safety, quality and changeover targets are met.
• Support all New Product Introduction (NPI) activities, to ensure right first time
• Participate in and attend cross-functional (multi-disciplinary) meetings.
• Lead project-related working groups (cross-functional) in order continuously improve process and performance, with specific focus on Human Error reduction.
• Participate and lead recruitment of personnel as required.
• Ensuring the plant is in an audit ready state and that all documentation is completed to expected cGMP standards.
• Act as interface between management team and functional team.
• Assist with the creation and maintenance of area SOPs and validation documents for equipment and procedures, and assist in the writing of area status reports, regulatory documents, and process descriptions.
• Drive implementation and embedding of Lean Tools in the area (Standard Work, 5S, Yellow Belt)
• Have a degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or other science discipline and previous experience (4 + years) working within the pharmaceutical industry.
• Prior relevant team leadership experience in a regulated manufacturing operations environment, API/small molecule experience a distinct advantage.
• Possess excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to troubleshoot equipment.
• Working knowledge of production operations, scheduling, design, planning, etc.
• Knowledge of lean management systems.
• Previous experience defining and establishing policies, SOPs and work instructions.
• An ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced and goal driven environment.
Who Choose a career at SK biotek?
A chance to work with a world leader in contract development and manufacturing in a fast passed, dynamic and growing company. Here at SK biotek Ireland, we believe we enhance patients’ lives and we need you! It reminds each one of us that what we do matters, and our mission is to ‘make what matters for a healthy, happier world’ – whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By choosing a career with SK biotek Ireland, you’ll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives by making what matters for a healthy, happier world.
Other Benefits include:
• Excellent opportunities for career enhancement and personal development
• Competitive base salary & shift allowance
• Annual bonus linked to base salary
• A well-established further education program.
• Pension scheme
• Private health insurance
HOW TO APPLY?
Make a difference today! Suitable candidates should apply for this role by emailing your CV to
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org