Process Engineer (Process Supervisor)
11 month Contract
Location: Swords Campus
SK biotek Ireland, an SK pharmteco company, is a global Contract Development and Manufacturing organisation (CDMO) with state-of-the-art facilities in Korea, US, France and Ireland. We are part of the wider SK Inc. with revenues of $88 billion in 2022 Our mission is to ‘make what matters for a healthy, happier world’, from grams to tonnes. The Swords Campus has led the way in the development, scale-up and commercial manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), Highly Potent Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Chemical Intermediates for almost 60 years. With a talented workforce, exceptional technical capabilities, and facilities we have made some of the world’s most important medicines and continue to do so. Further information on SK pharmteco can be found at https://vimeo.com/skpharmteco.
The SK biotek Ireland Team here at the Swords Campus in partnership with CPL are looking for a Process Engineer (Process Supervisor) on an 11 month Contract through CPL. This is a day role supporting a 24/7/365 world-class manufacturing organisation. The Process Engineer will be responsible for the manufacture of APIs and Intermediates, including the technical transfer and validation of new chemical processes.
• Supporting the preparation, start-up and running of processes on plant including key focus areas of throughput, robustness and yield.
• Campaign support to ensure that manufacturing schedules and volumes are met in a consistent and timely manner. This includes deviation investigation, yield and cycle time monitoring and solvent use forecasting.
• Interacting with Maintenance, R&D, QA/QC, Engineering, EHS and other functions, to ensure efficient and safe operation of the manufacturing plants.
• Support for NPI (scale up, technical transfer and commercialisation of new compounds) in the manufacturing facilities.
• Involvement with OpEx, simplification initiatives and projects.
• Ensuring that the manufacturing facilities are operated in a manner that meets all current GMP and environmental standards.
• Providing technical support to ensure that capital projects meet the objectives and needs of the Operations department.
• Have a primary degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry or a related science degree.
• Have experience working within the Chemical / Pharmaceutical industry would be an advantage.
• API/small molecule experience would be an advantage.
• Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
• Have strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment or on one’s own initiative without close supervision.
• Previous experience in the scale-up or tech transfer of new products would be an advantage
• An Operational Excellence certification (yellow, green, black belt) would be an advantage
Why choose a career at SK biotek?
A career with purpose and a chance to work with a world-leader in contract development and manufacturing in a fast-paced, dynamic, and growing organisation. Here at SK biotek Ireland, we believe we enhance patients’ lives and we need you! It reminds each one of us that what we do matters, and our mission is to ‘make what matters for a healthy, happier world’ – whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By choosing a career with SK biotek Ireland, you’ll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives by making what matters for a healthy, happier world.
HOW TO APPLY?
Make a difference today! Suitable candidates should apply for this role by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SK biotek is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com