AR&D Analytical Chemist
Location : Swords Campus
SK biotek Ireland, an SK pharmteco company, is a global Contract Development and Manufacturing organisation (CDMO) with state-of-the-art facilities in Korea, US, France and Ireland. We are part of the wider SK Inc. with revenues of $95 billion in 2020. Our mission is to ‘make what matters for a healthy, happier world’, from grams to tonnes. The Swords Campus has led the way in the development, scale-up and commercial manufacture of Active Pharmaceuticals Ingredients (APIs), Highly Potent Active Pharmaceuticals Ingredients and Chemical Intermediates for almost 60 years. With a talented workforce, exceptional technical capabilities, and facilities we have made some of the world’s most important medicines and continue to do so. Further information on SK pharmteco can be found at https://vimeo.com/skpharmteco.
The SK biotek Ireland R&D team here at the Swords Campus are looking for a AR&D Analytical Chemist on a permanent contract.
The Analytical Chemist will be responsible for providing technical support for all aspects of analytical methodology, development, transfer, qualification and troubleshooting pertaining to the manufacture of small molecule APIs and intermediates. The successful candidate will also provide support in the day-to-day running and maintenance of the AR&D laboratories, including equipment. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with other functions, including R&D Chemistry, Operations, Quality (QA/QC), SHE and external stakeholders/customers working towards the flawless, compliant and right first time manufacture of existing and new products. In addition, the successful candidate will provide mentorship, where applicable, to more junior analytical staff.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Carry out analytical testing in a timely manner for analytical method development, analytical testing, validation and qualification, where appropriate to ensure project deadlines are achieved for:
- Campaign support,
- Material release,
- R&D Chemistry lab work (use-tests, familiarisation experiments),
- Material Stability program,
- Reference standard qualification,
- Analytical investigations.
- Prepare, review and execute analytical protocols.
- Prepare and review analytical reports.
- Ensure all documentation is completed to the required standard, right first time, in compliance with local procedures and in a timely manner.
- Ensure all instrumentation used is within calibration and is correctly maintained.
- Liaise with AR&D Senior Analytical Chemists to obtain technical support with instrumentation/analytical methodology and laboratory investigations/quality events or related issues.
- Ensure training is completed before execution of a task.
- Attend weekly team meetings and participate in a culture, which is committed to high performance, innovation, and continuous improvement and promotes idea sharing.
- Meet with manager to discuss performance, provide feedback and identify any development opportunities.
- Ensure GMP Compliance of laboratory operations and documentation, including testing, write ups, review and approval of protocols, reports and change controls.
- Ensure a safe work environment for oneself and all employees.
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping are maintained in the laboratory.
Key Requirements for this role include:
- Ideally a BSC/MSc in analytical chemistry or equivalent. Preferably a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in analytical activities within a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Excellent core competencies such as teamwork, communication skills, technical writing skills.
- Strong technical background in chemistry, particularly analytical chemistry.
- Ability to work to tight timelines.
- Good Troubleshooting skills.
- Openness to change, receptive to new ideas.
- Knowledge of FDA and European GMPs requirements, particularly pertaining to laboratory operations.
Why choose a career at SK biotek?
A career with purpose and a chance to work with a world-leader in contract development and manufacturing in a fast-paced, dynamic, and growing organisation. Here at SK biotek Ireland, we believe we enhance patient’s lives and we need you! It reminds each one of us that what we do matters, and our mission is to ‘make what matters for a healthy, happier world’ – whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By choosing a career with SK biotek Ireland, you’ll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives by making what matters for a healthy, happier world.
Other Benefits Include:
Excellent opportunities for career enhancement and personal development
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus linked to business results
- A well-established further education program
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
HOW TO APPLY?
Make a difference today! Suitable candidates should apply for this role by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
SK biotek is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com